Fast facts about Beatitudes Campus
If you are a member of the press and have questions about Beatitudes Campus, our services, research initiatives, Beatitudes Campus Foundation, or other endeavors, or you would like to tour the campus, please contact Barbara Wood at 602-995-6136.
Beatitudes Campus Fact Sheet
- Since first accepting residents in 1965, Beatitudes Campus has served as an all-inclusive continuing care retirement community (CCRC).
- More than 600 people with diverse backgrounds and beliefs call Beatitudes Campus home and hundreds more are served through rehabilitation services, our home care and home health services, and wellness programs.
- Our 23-acre campus is a community within the community of north central Phoenix, with three restaurants, a library, full-service bank, chapel, physicians office, fitness club, indoor swimming pool, gardens and walking paths, salons and shops.
- Beatitudes Campus is an active community offering a full continuum of care, with many different residential living and health service options:
- Independent Living – a variety of apartments and patio homes for residential living with services and amenities included or available
- Assisted Living – residential living with personalized care and support
- Skilled Nursing – short and long-term nursing care, rehabilitation, and respite services
- Memory Support – specialized care and support for people with memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia; early, moderate and advanced stages
- Our approach to health and wellness is holistic, focused on the Seven Dimensions of Wellness: emotional, social, intellectual, spiritual, physical, occupational/vocational and financial.
- Quality supportive and health care services available to residents of Beatitudes Campus are also available to seniors in private homes throughout the valley. Beatitudes at Home offers personal care, housekeeping and companion services. Beatitudes Home Health is licensed and Medicare-certified to provide a wide range of skilled nursing, assisted living support and rehabilitative therapies.
- Beatitudes Campus is one the largest employers in north central Phoenix. Many of our associates serve in hospitality-related or health service positions. The turnover rate among our dedicated health-service staff is well below state averages.
- Beatitudes Campus generates annual revenues of approximately $18 million, including earnings on investments as well as contributions and fees from residents.
- Beatitudes Campus is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization and a ministry of Church of the Beatitudes, a United Church of Christ congregation.
- Beatitudes Campus Foundation welcomes contributions which help fund our ability to support residents who outlive their financial resources, as well as a host of other philanthropic endeavors.
- In 2005, Beatitudes Campus completed phase one of a campus redevelopment that added 199 new residence options and an 18,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art Town Plaza.
- Beatitudes Campus Health Care Center is regularly recognized in state surveys for providing outstanding care, and received an “excellent” quality rating in the 2010 survey by the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS).
- Comfort First is a dementia care education and research program from Beatitudes Campus, a model program of best practices in dementia care developed through onsite research at Beatitudes Campus. Comfort First education is available for all levels of care teams working with people with dementia. Hundreds of teams from long-term care, assisted living and dementia care centers have completed the education and implemented the Comfort First program of care at their organizations.
- Duet: Partners in Health & Aging is a sister not-for-profit sponsored by Church of the Beatitudes, which provides assistance to homebound adults, caregivers, faith communities, and grandparents raising grandchildren.