Did you know that not all senior living communities are the same? By definition, life plan communities combine an enjoyable, worry-free lifestyle with access to a full continuum of care. But, what does that really mean for you or for an older adult you love? Here are the top seven things that set life plan communities apart from other senior living choices, including the option of staying in your current home.
- Life plan communities offer more freedom and flexibility than other options for aging in place. Your current home or even typical condo or apartment living can’t compete with all the options and opportunities available in a community like Beatitudes Campus. Don’t want to drive? Beatitudes Campus offers scheduled transportation. Don’t want to attend an event alone? You can go with a group of friends and neighbors. Bored? Check the calendar. There are more than 100 programs, activities and amenities available every month. As we get older, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut. At Beatitudes Campus, you truly have the freedom and flexibility to enjoy life in bigger, bolder ways.
- Life plan communities keep you in control better than other senior living options. Life plan communities like Beatitudes Campus are designed to support you with services and amenities that adapt to your needs as you age. Being able to call on these services easily ensures you don’t have to make a move, for say, when the time comes that you need help with grocery shopping, preparing meals or keeping track of your medications. In short, it’s easier to stay in control of your choices when where you live has what you need to remain independent.
- Life plan communities provide a plan for handling your future care needs. Much like the advantage of staying in control, life plan communities like Beatitudes Campus ensure you’re prepared for your future care needs. Planning ahead means you decide where you’ll go for care should you need it, not a family member, not a social worker — you. With a full continuum of support and senior health care services available onsite, from in-home care to assisted living to nursing care after surgery and more, you can stay in the community you love and not far from your friends and neighbors.
- Life plan communities offer financial stability. Life plan communities typically have a monthly fee that covers virtually everything, including your residence, utilities, housekeeping and maintenance as well as access to amenities, programs and entertainment. Having that predictable fee not only streamlines your expenses, it offers financial stability. In other words, you can plan better when there are no surprises.
What’s more, Beatitudes Campus has introduced a new Rate Lock Plan designed for our current times. The Rate Lock Plan protects you from inflation’s rising prices by lowering your monthly fee and freezing it in place. As the cost of utilities, rent, maintenance and other services rise, your cost stays the same. How’s that for financial stability?
- Life plan communities can be quite affordable without a steep upfront cost. There’s a misconception that all retirement communities are expensive or require a large upfront cost. In the case of Beatitudes Campus, that’s not true. Here, you’ll find residential options and financial agreements that suit a wide variety of preferences and budgets. You can choose an affordable, flexible month-to-month rental option or the protection of a refundable entrance fee with an upfront cost and return that fits you. If you’re curious about costs, try our Cost Comparison Tool to get a peek at your options.
- Life plan communities contribute to better health. While the health benefits of senior living communities have been written about extensively, we now have more evidence. An Age Well study by Mather Institute in partnership with Northwestern University is revealing that residents in life plan communities, in particular, are happier and healthier.
- Life plan communities offer help with move planning and coordination. Sometimes the biggest hurdle is the actual move itself. Between selling your house, finding the right moving company and cleaning out and packing your belongings, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Having been a part of the process for thousands of residents, life plan communities stand ready to help. Beatitudes Campus, for example, offers a free moving benefit through an expert partner that helps older adults transition to new homes. Your personal relocation manager guides you through the moving process so you can focus on what’s most important — enjoying your future.
Ready to learn more? Take a minute to download our Retirement Living Planning Guide then schedule a visit by calling 602.833.1358 or contacting us through our online form below. We’d love to answer your questions and show you around Beatitudes Campus.
Exploring The Community
When choosing the right senior living option for you, exploring the community is one of the best ways to get a feel for daily life and what you can expect while living there. If you’re following along with our quick start senior living guide, you’ll remember we discussed first setting your expectations and goals in step 1. In step 2, we provided resources for how to compare your different options.
Step 3 of our quick start senior living guide brings you to exploring the community for yourself. Visiting the community on-site is a great way to get a sense of the grounds, meet the staff, and decide if it’s a good fit. However, visiting on-site isn’t the only way to explore the community. Virtual options also allow you to discover floor plan options and explore the lifestyle and entertainment opportunities.
Take a look at a few tips for how to explore all that a community has to offer.
- Learn the facts as Beatitudes Campus residents dispel the biggest myths about senior living.
- Read this story to learn how valuable senior living Life Enrichment programs are to your health and well-being and how to evaluate what communities offer.
- Explore the video gallery to meet residents and get a sense of the community before visiting.
- Explore the virtual tours offered to get a quick peek at various floor plans, sizes, styles and locations.
- Schedule an in-person tour. The very best way to get to know Beatitudes Campus is to see the community for yourself.
- Consider joining us for an upcoming event. It’s a great way to try out our services and amenities, meet a few residents and staff, and experience Beatitudes Campus’ friendliness and camaraderie firsthand.
Explore Beatitudes Campus
As you progress on your senior living journey, keep in mind that we have lots of resources to help you with your decision. As questions arise, please reach out to us by calling 602.883.1358 or send us a note using the form below. We’ll be happy to share more resources with you and answer your questions. We’d also love to show you around Beatitudes Campus with a campus tour.
And when you’re ready for the next step, check back for step 4!
It seems healthy aging is a popular topic these days for people of every generation. Perhaps it’s because September is Healthy Aging Month or maybe because research shows how exercise and healthy eating now can have profound effects on our health tomorrow.
We know from science that there are many other dimensions of good health. At Beatitudes Campus, we take healthy aging seriously. We use a holistic approach to health and wellness that encompasses mental, physical, spiritual and emotional well-being. In fact, we live by a fundamental philosophy that celebrates and supports healthy aging in all ways.
Leroy Calbom, who lives at Beatitudes Campus with his wife, Rita, described living at Beatitudes Campus this way, “It’s an ideal place to live with minimal demands and optimum opportunities, to respect diversity and celebrate the inclusiveness of being together as a family.”
Through our Success Matters program, you have access to a wide variety of services and resources that make life easier and enhance your overall well-being as you age. Perhaps you have questions about medical paperwork, need more information about Medicare coverage, want to coordinate transportation or have groceries delivered, find a support group or something else entirely, our experts can help.
Practicing healthy aging can help improve the quality of your life going forward. If you’re interested, read on to see how our community promotes healthy aging and independent living in your senior years.
Healthy Aging Opportunities at Beatitudes Campus
- Be Social — At Beatitudes Campus, you’ll discover incredibly welcoming and friendly residents in a casual atmosphere that feels like family.
- Try Something New — In our community, residents coordinate and direct campus programs. With more than 100 activities, you’re sure to find something you enjoy. If you don’t see what you’re interested in, you can help start a club or activity or suggest one to the community’s life enrichment team.
- Be A Part of the Neighborhood —Beatitudes Campus offers a thriving community on campus and in the surrounding neighborhood. With less time spent maintaining a home, you can truly enjoy the community you live in.
- Stay Curious — Learning offers enormous benefits as we age. From the beginning, our senior living community has embraced the pursuit of knowledge. With our Lifelong Learners program, it’s easy to stretch your imagination, feed your curiosity and learn new things.
- Be Proactive and Keep Moving — Take advantage of the fitness center, pool, walking paths and other Beatitudes Campus amenities to stay active and in control of your health.
More Resources on Healthy Aging
To learn more about how Beatitudes Campus’ services and amenities enhance wellness later in life, check out our blog on senior health and fitness or this blog on how physical activity benefits older adults. You’ll also find great tips for adding healthy habits to your everyday life. (Tips like sharing meals with others to breaking a familiar routine.)
If you love animals, you’re sure to read our blog on how pets can be good for your health as you age. It also includes details about how Beatitudes Campus is a pet-friendly senior living community. We want both you and your furry friends to feel welcome.
We invite you to come for a visit and see our holistic approach to healthy aging in person. Schedule a time to join us on campus and learn about our community. Call us at 602.833.1358 or send us a note using the form below.
Your Guide to Navigating the Right Senior Living Choice
We’re back with step 2 of our quick start senior living guide. A guide to help you navigate the right senior living choice for you. This series will provide you with practical information to help you make decisions about your retirement planning. Better yet, we’ll walk you step by step through the process. In step 1, we discussed how to set your expectations and goals.
With 55 years of serving and helping seniors, we understand how confusing the process of choosing a senior living lifestyle can be. That’s why we’re here to help. With Beatitudes Campus, you can be certain that you have a trusted guide through it all.
To help keep you informed, we have lots of resources available that explain what your options are and how to compare those options, and we’ll be glad to answer any questions you have along the way. We have programs that let you get to know us better and build friendships before ever moving in, that help with the entire moving process, and help you get acclimated to the community as a newcomer, and much more.
However, before making any important choice, it’s best to understand all of the options in front of you. After setting your goals and expectations, it’s time to research and compare.
Compare Your Options
- Start by reading up on the basics of senior living. Our blog on how to decipher the language of senior living is a helpful resource for understanding the different options you’ll come across.
- Dig deeper into the different types of senior living options. Our blogs on Life Plan Communities, the purpose of Entrance Fees and the benefits of renting at Beatitudes Campus are great places to start.
- Use our MoneyGauge Cost Comparison Calculator to learn what financial options might be right for you.
When you’re ready for more, check back for steps 3 & 4 of the Quick Start Senior Living Guide series.
We welcome you to reach out to us with any questions you have. And if you’re ready to get a glimpse of our community, you can schedule an in-person visit by calling us at 602.883.1358 or by using the form below. We look forward to helping you find your perfect senior living fit!
The feeling of safety at Beatitudes Campus is almost palpable. If you glance around Beatitudes Campus, you’ll notice residents going about their day — from gardening or walking their dogs to chatting on a bench with friends or counting steps with their pedometers. When the temperature turns cooler in the evening, you’ll find an especially bustling atmosphere.
While so many of us might take this for granted, Robert Andrews doesn’t. Before moving to Beatitudes Campus, Robert always enjoyed the exercise and fresh air that came with walking his dog. He did so daily without giving it a thought until one day when it all changed.
“An event near our previous neighborhood made us feel unsafe, so I started carrying a baseball bat while walking our dog,” he said. “It was a terrible feeling.”
Safety at Beatitudes Campus And in the Surrounding Community
When Robert and his wife, Cynthia, began to explore the idea of moving to a senior living community, the couple prioritized a safe, secure neighborhood that would provide the freedom to enjoy life without worry. They found it at Beatitudes Campus and the surrounding 19NORTH neighborhood.
Ensuring the North Phoenix neighborhood is a safe, welcoming, walkable community for all is the goal of the 19NORTH Community Alliance, a grassroots effort that brings together community leaders, city officials, businesses, schools, faith-based groups and other non-profit organizations. The alliance focuses on the 19NORTH neighborhood between Montebello and Dunlap Avenues, from 15th Avenue to 23rd Avenue.
Beatitudes Campus’ location on Glendale Avenue is in the middle of the 19NORTH neighborhood, offering residents and staff the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of living and working in an active, involved, multi-generational community.
For greater peace of mind, Beatitudes Campus takes the commitment to a safe, walkable community even further. Here, you’ll find 27 acres of interconnected walking paths and roads, green space, gardening areas and dog parks all within our gated neighborhood that’s manned with 24-hour security. You can freely enjoy exercise, fresh air, and visiting with neighbors and staff knowing help is nearby if it’s ever needed.
For Robert and Cynthia, like so many others, it makes all the difference. Today, you’ll find Robert walking around Beatitudes Campus for exercise, greeting neighbors and staff along the way.
“Beatitudes Campus is an oasis in the city. Because it’s safe, we feel comfortable doing what we love,” said Robert. “I love to walk. Now, I can do it as much as I like without having to carry a baseball bat.”
To meet more residents like Robert and Cynthia, visit our video gallery. They offer a delightful and candid insider’s view of campus life.
To take a tour of Beatitudes Campus, call (602) 833-1358 or contact us through our online form below.
If you’ve been wondering whether a move to a senior living community is the right thing, you’ll be pleasantly reassured to hear that life at Beatitudes Campus comes with fewer risks and many more rewards. We’ve reimagined senior living to enhance everyday life, even in a pandemic.
Healthy All Year Long
As experts in healthcare, senior living communities understand how to safeguard your health and well-being. The staff, including ours, follows strict protocols for safety and cleanliness, and most communities have the capabilities and resources to respond quickly and efficiently to any issues.
At well-planned communities like Beatitudes Campus, older adults are healthier year-round. Opportunities to take fitness classes, swim, dance, walk, garden, paint, learn a language, socialize, volunteer and participate in an array of activities and programs help keep bodies and minds sharp. Regardless of your age, being healthy is the best defense against any illness, especially colds and flus.
“I love the life here,” said Anita Shehi, who moved to Beatitudes Campus in 2019. “For me, there’s a sense of renewed purpose being active in the community, making new friends, volunteering, taking classes and getting back into learning.”
Social Distancing Without Social Isolation
Social distancing to stay safe has affected everyone. Not being able to enjoy the familiar routines of our favorite activities or the simple social interactions that come from dining out or gathering for meals has taken a profound toll on our cognitive abilities and mental and emotional well-being, not the least of which our healthy eating habits and waistlines. It’s been especially difficult for older adults who may be retired and live in one- or two-person households.
Building on years of experience developing social, recreational and educational opportunities, senior living communities are working hard to help residents stay active and connected. At Beatitudes Campus, staff and resident volunteers work together to create enjoyable virtual activities, physically distanced indoor festivities and carefully planned outdoor events that keep people engaged and moving.
As for eating healthy, senior communities make it easy to enjoy a variety of delicious and nutritious meals at on-campus restaurants. Beatitudes Campus, for example, has several restaurants, from a bistro and coffee bar to a steakhouse and grille to a gourmet dining room. Throughout the pandemic, the community’s staff has delivered made-to-order restaurant meals, groceries and essentials to residents’ homes.
“There’s nowhere we’d rather be than right here, especially now. We feel safer and more secure at Beatitudes. The staff handles everything,” said Dan and Marge O’Horo, who moved to Beatitudes Campus in 2016. “They’ve worked really hard to keep life fun and engaging as we stay home to stay safe.”
Access to Healthcare and Help at Home
In addition to enjoyable activities and convenient services, many senior living communities offer access to onsite healthcare, making it easier to treat illnesses and chronic conditions so they don’t escalate to a bigger issue. At Beatitudes Campus, you’ll find onsite health services, from certified 24/7 security response and an outpatient clinic for primary care and podiatry services to rehabilitative therapies and specialized care such as skilled nursing care and memory support.
While we’ve seen on the news how many people across the country have to wait in line for care, at Beatitudes Campus, you can make an appointment for a doctor’s visit, a vaccination or physical therapy session, for example. If you’re not feeling well enough to come in, we’ll send medical staff to your home so you never have to go without care. As we’ve mentioned before, Beatitudes Campus was part of the early vaccine rollout and continues to help get vaccines to those who are most vulnerable to the coronavirus.
Read More: Plan Now, Be Prepared For Tomorrow
Beyond in-home care, Beatitudes Campus also offers in-home support and assistance with a variety of tasks, including meal prep, pet care, errands, laundry, medication reminders and more — all helpful services whether there’s a pandemic or not.
“While we’re looking forward to getting back to our normal routine, we’re extremely grateful to be here during this difficult time. We can’t imagine trying to face this ourselves,” said Robert Andrews and Cynthia Cielle, who moved to Beatitudes Campus in 2019. “When deciding where to move, it was important to us to feel completely safe. We didn’t realize how very important that decision would become.”
Visit our video gallery and follow us on Facebook to see more about life at Beatitudes Campus.
Let’s talk about it!
Want to experience Beatitudes Campus for yourself, call us today at 602.883.1358 or send us a note using the form below.