We're leading the way in retirement living
In 1965, Beatitudes Campus began as a unique kind of retirement living community, combining senior living, healthcare and a holistic approach to wellness. Our founders fostered the open, welcoming spirit and vibrant learning of a college campus. Along the way, we expanded to meet the changing preferences of seniors and their families by adding new services, amenities and residential choices. We're proud to be an experienced, nationally recognized leader in independent senior living and senior healthcare, and a trusted part of the greater Phoenix community. We're excited to continue growing and evolving, and we look forward to sharing Beatitudes Campus with you.
Beatitudes Campus Fast Facts
- Rev. Dr. Culver "Bill" Nelson, a Church of the Beatitudes pastor, founded the community.
- Dr. Nelson joined Rev. Dr. Everett B. Luther and other church visionaries to create a welcome alternative to nursing homes.
- Beatitudes Campus was the first senior community of its kind in Arizona.
- The campus was built on 25 acres within one mile of the Beatitudes church. The land was purchased for $25,000 per acre.
- Beatitudes opened in May 1965 with the building now known as Plaza South.
- Since then, the community has added more services and amenities, several residential buildings, a Health Care center, Town Plaza and more. We've embarked on a new master plan to offer even more residential options.
Our PromiseBeatitudes Campus is a not-for-profit life plan community founded by the Church of the Beatitudes, a United Church of Christ congregation. Our heritage of Christian hospitality calls us to welcome all people. This includes outreach to Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist and other faiths, as well as those with no connection to a faith community. We value the diversity of all – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. Our core values of compassion, respect, accountability and excellence drive every aspect of our community, and are what have made Beatitudes Campus a strong and respected leader in senior living since 1965.
Board of Directors
- Andres Contreras, Chair
- Jim Green, Chair-Elect and Treasurer
- Brad Stouffer, Secretary
- Mark Nesvig, Immediate Past Chair
- Erica Boehle, President, NeuroDiagnostic Laboratories
- Mike Bontrager, President of Southwest Region, Adolfson & Peterson Construction, LLC
- Terry Fenzl, Attorney, Ret.
- Dan Hinkson, President, Sigma Contracting, Inc.
- Barbara Hoffnagle, SRP Executive, Ret.
- Herman Orcutt, Architect, Ret.
- Mike Scheurich, Attorney, Dickinson Wright/Mariscal Weeks
- Brad Stouffer, SVP, Senior Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch
- Michelle Just, Beatitudes Campus President & CEO
- Barbara Carpenter, Residents Council President
- David Davies, Attorney, David G. Davies, Ltd.
- Michelle Just, President & Chief Executive Officer
- Rod Bailey, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
- Allen Bloch, Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
- Cheryl Knupp, Senior Vice President, Health Services
- Scott Mardian, Senior Vice President, Redevelopment
- Rev. David Ragan, Senior Vice President, Resident Services
- Rev. Peggy Roberts, Senior Vice President, Spiritual Life
Press ReleasesPlease check back soon for our most recent press releases!
Take an armchair tour of Beatitudes Campus
Want a peek at our campus? We invite you to browse photos and videos of residents enjoying life at home, attending special events, volunteering their time, and more. You'll also get a good look at our neighborhoods, restaurants and amenities. With just a few clicks, you'll discover the beauty of Beatitudes Campus and why we're the top choice in independent senior living communities in Phoenix. View Gallery